moles - Knowledgebase Question

Camillus, Ne
Question by bettyboop391
I have seen a couple moles in my yard in the past couple days, but no tunnels. Are they looking for grubs. Should I be applying grub killer to my lawn?

0

Moles feed on lots of soil dwelling insects, including grubs and earthworms. Before applying grub control, you should first sample for grubs. Here's how: cut a square foot of turf out, pull it up and look on the soil surface and on the roots for fat, white grubs; less than six grubs per square foot can usually be masked by water and fertilizers. Populations between 10 and 15 per square foot can cause significant turf damage in September and October. Of course, populations occasionally reach 40 to 60 grubs per square foot and these levels can cause significant damage. If you find grubs you can treat your lawn with a product like Grubex or Bayer Advanced Season-Long Grub Control granules, applied according to label directions.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"