How long does it take for a Cherry Willow to get some height? - Knowledgebase Question

Philadelphia, Pe
Question by intibirdy
My Cherry Willow seems to be growing outward, but not upward. It's not supposed to grow taller than 25 ft., but I've had it for about 5 years now, but it's not getting taller. My husband jokes that it's not a tree, but a bush.

0

Your husband might not be too far off track. Cherry willows are sometimes bushy in youth but eventually grows into a tree. The only way to encourage new growth is to prune it back, but that might just make it bushier so you may not want to prune. It just needs time to mature and to grow. Wish there were a magic potent that you could apply, but I'm afraid there is not. Just continue giving it TLC and it will eventually grow up. Enjoy your garden!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"