Agapanthus - Knowledgebase Question

destrehan, Lo
Question by aprylabc
About a month ago I planted 5 agapanthus on the east side of my home; full sun for approx 6-8 hrs/day. They were doing great but the leaves have started to yellow, become mushy & fall to the ground. I water every other day. Thanks for any advice offered to save these beautiful plants.

0

Start by cutting away the mushy leaves. While you're there, check for signs of snails or slugs. Their feeding can damage the leaves enough to cause rot. There are two types of Agapanthus. Unless yours was labeled "evergreen", it will rest a bit after it has finished flowering so yours may be dropping the foliage naturally. After they've rested they send up healthy new leaves. Hope this information helps.