Picking a tree species - Knowledgebase Question

Mira Loma, Ca
Question by devin1955
I recently purchased some land in Lander County Nevada, near Elko. I won't occupy it for 10 years, and would like to plant some trees there now. Looking for a reasonably priced, native tree, that will grow to a nice shade tree size in 10 years or less. Can you make some suggestions?

0

You can find all kinds of native trees through the Elko Arboretum plant sales which are sponsored by the local FFA students. Here's a website address:
http://forestry.nv.gov/?page_i...

Click on Nurseries or go directly to the arboretum page for details on what they sell and when the plants are available (usually spring and fall - the best times for planting). Hope this information is helpful!