Pruning Book - Knowledgebase Question

Boston, MA
Question by piperwings2
Can you suggest a book on pruning. I am new to gardening and have purchased a home with several hydrangea, azalea, rhododendron, rose bushes, paeonia, lilac, forsythia bushes and a few bushes, I'm not sure what they are. Most of them look overgrown to me and I want to prune them correctly. The library has so many books I couldn't really find one that showed me how to prune all the types of plants I need to prune. Any suggestions?

0

One of the most useful, and user friendly pruning books I have ever come across is 'Pruning' by Christopher Brickell, published by Simon and Schuster, 1230 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10020. ISBN# 0-671-65841-7. It has line drawings, special instructions for roses, shrubs, vines, fruit trees, caneberries and ornamental trees. Your library may have a copy, but it's well worth the $15 price for the paperback version that you can take into the garden with you.