Aphids on Fushias - Knowledgebase Question

Fairbanks, Al
Question by katrich58
What's the best way to get rid of aphids on fushias? I overwintered one large plant indoors as I live in Alaska. It lost a lot of leaves to turning brown from aphids. Now that it's outside in 20 hours of daylight, the new growth is stunted due to aphids. What's the best way to treat. The aphids also get on the shamrock plant.

0

Fuchsia's are sensitive to the standard insecticidal soap spray so you need to throughly drench the upper and lower sides of the leaves, allow it to sit about 10 minutes and then wash it off with fresh water. Any residue left can burn the leaves. You'll need to make repeat sprays as new aphids appear, but it you hose the plant off before the insecticidal soap has a chance to dry on the leaves, the leaves should be okay. Best wishes with your fuchsias!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Dahlia"