hostas - Knowledgebase Question

lost creek, We
Question by theattitudes
something is eating my hosta planta what can i put on them to keep them beatiful and keep what ever it is from eating hole in the leaves. thank you

0

It sounds like there are slugs (or snails) eating your plants. These are nocturnal and leave behind a silvery trail. You can handpick them at night and drop them into soapy water, or you can bait them with slug traps using stale beer, or you can use one of the new controls formulated with iron phosphate as the active ingredient (such as Sluggo). Another control is to sprinkle diatomaceous earth on the soil around the plants. Read and follow the label directions on any product you use. I hope this helps!