Identifing flowers - Knowledgebase Question

Wabasha, Mi
Question by pridgeway
I am new to gardening and I have several flowers in my garden that I have no clue what they are. Can you suggest a wed site or a book that will help me identify these plants.

0

There are lots and lots of books available at your local library or book store. My favorites include:

Rodale's Illustrated Encyclopedia of Perennials: 10th Anniversary Revised and Expanded Edition by Ellen Phillips and C. Colston Burrell (Paperback - May 5, 2004.

Encyclopedia of Perennials (American Horticultural Society) by Graham Rice and Kurt Bluemel (Hardcover - Sep 18, 2006).

Perennial Combinations: Stunning Combinations That Make Your Garden Look Fantastic Right from the Start (Rodale Garden Book) by C. Colston Burrell (Paperback - Feb 19, 2008).

Your local cooperative extension office will have publications to assist you and can probably identify the plants if you take the flowers in.

Or, you can cruise the local nurseries and garden centers, flowers in hand to compare what you have with what's in bloom.

I'm sure you'll eventually put a name to every plant in your garden. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"