VEGETABLES NOT PRODUCING - Knowledgebase Question

Tempe, Ar
Question by jacquewharri
I HAVE BEAUTIFUL VEGETABLE
PLANTS THAT FLOWER BUT ARE
EITHER NOT PRODUCING OR UNDER-PRODUCING.MOST ARE
STARTER PLANTS. THEY GET
EASTERN SUN. A NET KEEPS THE BIRDS AWAY. I USED MIRACLE GROW GARDEN SOIL AND SOME MIRACLE GROW ORGANIC IN RAISED BEDS. THEY ARE GETTING ENOUGH WATER. WHAT IS MY PROBLEM?
...JACQUELINE

0

Sounds like you are doing everything right. The only problem with growing veggies during the summer months in the desert is that temperatures over 90F can render pollen sterile so even though your plants are flowering, the pollen is not developing as it should. I know that summer time is the traditional gardening time in most parts of the country but in the low desert it's best to garden from late August through November and February through May. That's when there is sufficient sunshine and warmth, but not exceptional heat. You will find your plants do much better during those months. With your current plants, I can only recommend that you water as usual and hope they develop. I hope you at least get some harvest!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"