Boxwood Shrub - Knowledgebase Question

Mount Upton, Ne
Question by bslegona
I bought a Boxwood from Home Depot last May of 2008 so my return is no longer valid. My Boxwood keeps dying back from the top. I keep pruning the dead from it and it just keeps dying, turning brown. What can I do? I threw my year old receipt away so no chance of returning or is there?

0

It sounds like winter kill and I think the best approach is to prune off the dead parts each spring just as new growth appears. Some boxwoods are more sensitive to cold winter winds than others. It sounds as though yours is one of those sensitive types. I can't advise you on the return - you might want to phone your local garden center to see what their policy is. Good luck with your garden!