Mushrooms - Knowledgebase Question

youngstown, Oh
Avatar for ditz39oh
Question by ditz39oh
June 20, 2009
I am getting mushrooms in my flower garden how do i get rid of them?

Answer from NGA
June 20, 2009
The mushrooms are growing because there's a food source. Decomposing compost or bark mulch is prime real estate for mushrooms. The mushrooms are harmless to your plants and to your soil. They are quite common and nothing to be concerned about. It just means there's lots of organic matter over your soil or something beneath the soil that is decomposing. Could be old roots, construction debris, or something else that's rotting. You can rake the mushroons out of the garden to remove them. Best wishes with your garden.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Murky and is called "Supertunias"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.