about planting flowers - Knowledgebase Question

jamaica, Ne
Question by lovagyal669
i would like to plant some flowers at the front of my yard .. but the one i planted died,.. what am i doing wrong.. its there a special fertilizer i have to buy? How can i keep animal away rom my garden.

0

The first thing you should do is amend your soil with some organic matter to help loosen it and help it hold moisture. Then be careful to choose plants that will grow well in the sun or shade the area provides. Shade loving plants will die in the full sunshine and sun loving plants will not flower in the shade. Once you've planted your new plants, be sure to water them every 3-4 days during the growing season. Keeping animals away is no easy task. The approach depends upon the animal. Sometimes you need to fence your garden to keep them out. Good luck with your new plants.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"