None flowering Hydrangas - Knowledgebase Question

Redlands, Ca
Question by mgeske8826
Hi,
Well whomever answers me, I am impressed with all of your credentials, but am especially jealous of Suzanne, for living in Vermont, the good life on a farm, and all that that entails.uestion is, why are there absolutely no flowers formed or forming on my beautiful hydrangeas that normally flower for me twice a year???

Thank you for your time.

Maryanne Geske

0

I'll pass your comments on to Suzanne. Too bad we're not all as lucky as she! If your hydrangeas are healthy looking and nothing has changed in terms of their care (pruning, sunlight, water, fertilizer), then there's is no real reason for your hydrangeas not to flower right on schedule. The problem must be weather related. There's still time for them to develop flower buds for a late bloom. Since hydrangeas develop flowers on new growth of the season, try pruning them back a bit to encourage new growth. Best wishes with your hydranges!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"