To water flowers - Knowledgebase Question

Huntley, Il
Question by tudik220
Pleas tell me when the best time to water flowers is, day or night. Right now it is extremely hot and I am woried I will lose my flowers.

0

There are two different opinions on when to water. Some gardeners think early morning watering is best because it hydrates plant roots and prepares the plants for a hot summer day. Others think early evening watering is better because plants are thirsty after a hot day. Either time is good. Just keep the water on the soil, not on the plant leaves (leaves that remain wet overnight can develop disease problems), and be sure to water deeply so the roots grow deep where the soil is cool. I generally water in the mornings, but that's just a personal preference! Best wishes with your garden.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"