Sick Tomato Plant - Knowledgebase Question

Mickleton, Ne
Question by camille_pick
I have a tomato plant in a pot. The last week the leaves are becoming yellow, and spreading throughout the plant. There are some small black bugs walking around on it, but they don't appear to be eating the leaves. What do I do?

0

There are a number of reasons for tomato leaves to turn yellow but if the problem is spreading, I suspect it is a fungal disease. Disease are difficult to stop once they take hold of a tomato plant. You can try an application of a fungicide to see if that will help. If the disease is only on the leaves and not throughout the vascular system, it may be that a fungicide will help control the problem. I don't think the bugs in the soil are causing the yellowing leaves. I hope your plants recover.