Planting A Fall Garden - Knowledgebase Question

Lawton, OK
Question by RDYD
What types of vegetables can I plant for a fall garden and when can I plant them?

0

You can begin planting in July with warm season veggies like tomatoes, pepper, and eggplant. In early to mid August you should get your fall potatoes in the ground, followed by green beans. In early September you can begin cool season crops with the cole crops (broccoli, cabbage, kohlrabi, etc.). By late September, it is cool enough for mustard, raddish, and turnips. In early October, spinach and lettuce can begin going in.

For more specific information tailored to your area, contact your County Extension Office. They usually have free information on vegetable planting dates, locally proven varieties, and much more. Their number is (405) 355-1176.

Good luck with your garden!