what is a plate compactor - Knowledgebase Question

Spring Hill, Fl
Question by rocknrollgra
June 28, 2009
i see that name in your diy project of laying a garden path, but when i did a search to find one and possibly buy it, you have no results.

Answer from NGA
June 28, 2009


I think you will want to rent one rather than buy one. A plate compactor is also called a soil compactor or a mechanical rammer. They retail for about $900. Soil compactors stabilize soil by compressing, kneading, or vibrating it to remove air pockets and increase density. You should be able to rent one for your project. (For more information do a web search for "soil compactors". Good luck with your project.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:



[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"