Slow Tomato - Knowledgebase Question

Berkeley Heights, NJ
Question by pthau
I have started these tomato plants from Burpee seeds( Super Tasty Hybrid). However, I have found these plants grow slowly compared to other tomato plants I have planted. Do you have any suggestions for acceleration of their growth?

0

In general tomatoes grow best with full sun combined with ample soil moisture and sufficient nutrients and resent cool weather. If any factor is lacking, or they experience transplant stress, your plants may slow down. In addition, some varieties simply mature later than others and therefore bloom and set fruit later. Depending on the varieties you are growing, assuming you have treated them all equally, this might explain the apparent difference?