Planting in July - Knowledgebase Question

Las Vegas, Ne
Question by Jeanne95
I want to finish a garden and plant vincas. It is hot in Las Vegas. Should I use anything special when transplanting them? I'm stopping by Home Depot tonight. Thank you.

0

Planting during triple digit weather will be stressful to your plants so make the transition as easy as possible by providing some shade to your new plants for a week or two after installing them. You can purchase burlap, sun screen material, or even floating row cover fabric to use as shade cloth. Drive a few stakes into the ground and attach the shade cloth onto the stakes, 8-12 inches above the tops of the plants to provide good air circulation beneath it. Water the transplants well every other day or twice a week while they are establishing their roots. I think they'll be okay. At least I hope so!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"