sod grass - Knowledgebase Question

cecil, Pe
Question by sppdwasniews
i laid down a small area of sod grass. The soil underneath is great and i fertilized sod after laying it. I water it everyday but it practically has all turned yellow. if i keep watering it will it come back or is it dead. Do i need to reseed it? I live in western PA.

0

I'm not sure why your sod is turning yellow. Did you roll the sod after installation to make sure the roots are making good contact with the soil? You can try pulling up the sod. If it rolls right up, it didn't root well. If it is solidly growing into the soil, you may be over watering. While new sod should be watered daily for about a week, you need to cut back on watering the second week. By the third week you should be watering deeply only twice a week. Wish I had more help to offer!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"