Treating Insects - Knowledgebase Question

EAST WINDSOR, Ne
Question by MERRID
This year I am have the worse time everin the garden. some invisible insects have eaten most of my vegetables, flowers etc. leaving the stems. Even my rose bushes and hydrendras leaves looks as if they are perforated. Needless to say my pepper trees are naked (hardly any leaves left) I've tried spraying the leaves with plant spray but nothing seems to work. What can I do to save my plants.

0

Insects can leave holes in the leaves and caterpillars can munch whole leaves but these are usually easy to find in the garden. Slugs and snails feed at night so they're a little harder to discover. Deer, and other 4-legged creatures can feed on plant leaves - especially roses and hydrangeas. They usually leave the midribs of the leaves attached to the plant. If you've tried using insecticides without success, I'd move on to using deer deterrents such as Deer Away or Ropel on the plant leaves. It's a bitter tasting mixture and when sprayed on the leaves will keep wildlife from munching on your plants. I think it's worth a try!