Fusarium wilt resistance - Knowledgebase Question

Baton Rouge, LA
Question by rhad
I'm a struggling organic gardener and I have 4 raised beds in my backyard my kids help me tend. I've spent most of last season and this season struggling with a tomato disease that I believe is fusarium wilt. From all that I can gather there is no way to eradicate from the soil and I've already rotated to no avail. Can you suggest some good resistant varieties of tomatoes? My kids particularly enjoy the unusual types (Mr. Stripey, the odd little cherry shaped ones, etc..) Although I'm glad to have the ability to buy resistant types I'm dissappointed it may take some of the variety out of my garden. PS I've got a burpee gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket and I want to get my fall tomatoes started .

0

Here are some varieties of tomato resistant to fusarium, most are available from Burpee:

Early Girl
Early Pick
Heatwave II
Northern Exposure
Burpee's Big Girl
Big Beef
Celebrity
Better Boy
Bush Big Boy
SuperTasty
Winter Red
Burpee's Supersteak Hybrid
Super Sweet 100 1&2
Husky Gold Hybrid
Viva Italia Hybrid
Italian Gold Hybrid
roma

Here is an unusual heirloom variety that is fusarium resistant the kids might enjoy:
Lemon Boy

You can reach Burpee at 1-800-888-1447.

Consider having your soil tested by your local County Extension Service to determine if you are in fact dealing with fusarium, or, if some other culprit is at large in the tomato patch.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"