How can we prevent our grass from growing into our above ground pool? - Knowledgebase Question

pflugerville, Te
Question by sujewel
I have St. Augustine grass and when I went to Home Depo a few weeks ago I asked the Garden Assoc.what to put down under the pool to keep it from growning into the liner. He suggested the Weedblock Mesh doubling it up and it would work. I mentioned again it was St. Augs. and he said it was ok. well, it didnt work. Help. with in aweek grass was coming through the liner. is there a heavy duty liner.

0

Heavy black plastic will kill the lawn beneath the pool and that should keep it from intruding into the liner. The usual recommendation is to spread several inches of sand over the turf, then the heavy duty black plastic, and then the pool liner. Between the sand, the black plastic and the liner, even St. Augustine should give up! Good luck with your pool.