Habanero plant not growing - Knowledgebase Question

Somerset, Ne
Question by ldd381
Hello again:
I bought a habanero plant last month and transferred it into my garden. It is still the same size and doesn't appear to be growing. It is blooming flowers, but they dry up and fall off the plant, without producing any peppers. What is wrong with it?
Thanks.

0

A few things might be keeping the peppers from thriving. First of all, peppers need regular moisture, but do not enjoy wet feet. Peppers are heat lovers, and while I assume your weather has been warm, if you are in a cool microclimate, that may be reason. Also, it may be the peppers are just experiencing some transplant shock. Give them time, good drainage and warmth and they should bounce back. I always suggest having your soil tested every few years to find out what the nutrient levels are, so you'll know how to fertilize. Just give your plant a little more time and I'm sure it will develop peppers. (When the flowers are open you need some insect activity to help with pollination so try planting something colorful near your pepper plant to increase insect activity near your pepper plant.) Best wishes with your habanero!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"