hydrangea - Knowledgebase Question

Plainview, Ne
Question by Marksimon
HELP!! Ijust planted 2 hydrangea that I purchased yesterday. They are in peet moss with lime. I watered once. Now they are drooping. Why? Did I do something wrong? Thanks

0

Don't panic! I think your two new plants are just suffering from a little transplant shock. As soon as the roots become established they should perk right up. In the meantime be sure to water deeply every 3-4 days. If you planted them where they receive afternoon sunshine you might want to rethink their places in the garden. Hydrangeas need about 4 hours of morning sunshine in order to bloom well but they also need protection from hot afternoon sunshine or they will wilt every afternoon. They usually perk up overnight and look fine in the morning, but will wilt by afternoon. If you planted yours with morning sun and afternoon shade, the wilting is simply from transplant shock and they will recover. Enjoy!