HELP! The squirels are taking over! - Knowledgebase Question

Warren, Mi
Question by havefaith32
I have planted 3 sets of flowers, but the squirrels dug them all out, and now I have none. Is there any way to keep these little pests from digging up my bulbs?

0

Squirrels can be so destructive sometimes! You might try using one of the spray-on repellents labeled for squirrels, be sure to apply and reapply per the label directions. Another option might be to cover the ground with wire mesh fencing like chicken wire until the bulbs begin to come up. Some gardeners find that dipping the bulbs in a rodent repellent such as Ropel just prior to planting helps prevent the digging. Some gardeners also report success with feeding the squirrels as a means of keeping them fed without resorting to eating garden plantings. I hope this gives you some ideas.