Getting rid of chipmunks - Knowledgebase Question

downers grove, Il
Question by kag0405
I have tried to get rid of chipmunks, but have not been successful. Beside getting a full-blown trap, can you suggest other methods? I also tried the 'plank' method...it didn't work.

Thanks.

0

Chipmunks can be pests, it's true, and there are no easy solutions. You could try one of the commercially formulated rodent repellent sprays, or a home made one based on garlic. Spray the mixture on the plants and soil and reapply periodically. You could also try placing wire mesh such as chicken wire, hardware cloth, or screening on the soil surface in between the plants to make it more difficult for the critters to dig. Wish I had more ideas to share.