patio tomato plant - Knowledgebase Question

chicago, Il
Question by yvonnemitche
I have a patio tomato plant that I bought from HD.The leaves are turning yellow and the tomatoes seem to have stop getting bigger. Can they be saved?

It is normal for tomato plants to lose their lower leaves. As the leaves age they turn yellow. But yellowing leaves can also be a sign of overwatering or a need for fertilizer. If you recently transplanted your patio tomato it may just be adjusting to its new spot and has suspended growth until the roots re-establish. I'd continue to give it good care - water thoroughly and then allow the top half inch of soil to dry out between waterings, give it lots of sunshine and a light feeding with a water soluable fertilizer. It should perk up so. Hope you have a great harvest!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Peonies"