tabacco plants - Knowledgebase Question

corona, Ca
Question by richardscons
I have real little black spider mites. what can I use to kill them in a greenhouse on tabacco plants that wiil be smoked.

0

Spray a strong jet of water over all surfaces of the plant, including stems, foliage and undersides of the leaves. The stream will wash the insects off. This is the easiest way to control spider mites.

If the water alone doesn't do the job, spray with a soap/oil mixture. Mix 1/2 tsp. insecticidal soap, 1/4 tsp. horticultural oil, and 1 quart water in a spray bottle.

For more stubborn infestations, spray with pyrethrin or neem oil. Water the plant well before spraying. Both of these products are organic but have a good track record for controlling spider mites. Numerous chemical products are also available for the control of spider mites.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"