Lawn care (2nd question) - Knowledgebase Question

Jacksonville, Fl
Question by awhiting2000
Is there danger in putting down grub killer on a St Augustine grass lawn shortly before or after applying fertilizer? One neighbor thought it was responsible for burning out her lawn... Could that be true?

I don't think using a grub killer in conjunction with fertilizer will cause problems with the turf. In fact, there's a product called Merit which is a combination ferilizer and grub control product. If your neighbor's lawn was burned after the ferilizer application, I suspect the fertilizer was applied too heavily or not watered in correctly. July and August are not the best months to feed a lawn - the sun is too intense and the air is just too warm. Feed your St. Augustine in the spring or the fall, not in mid-summer.

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Sweet Alyssum 2"