yellow leaves on roses - Knowledgebase Question

Los Angeles, Ca
Question by dbjd59
my low hanging leaves on my outdoor wild blue yonder bare root rose are turning yellow, 2 much water or disease? I reside in southern california

0

If the yellowing leaves are the oldest leaves (lowest leaves or innermost leaves), it's normal and natural. These leaves have served their purpose and the plant will drop them in favor of healthy new leaves. If the plant is losing leaves all over, or the color is pale, overwatering is generally the reason. In this case, adjust your watering schedule so that the soil has a chance to dry out slightly between waterings. Yellowing leaves can also indicate the beginnings of a disease so check the leaves for spots. If you find none, the problem is either overwatering or natural leaf drop. Good luck with your rose!