Gin molt - Knowledgebase Question

Gould, Ar
Question by gpf2006
my husband has been putting gin molt on our garden this year and it seems that every vegetable dies even tomotoes,

0

Cotton gin molt might be contaminated. It composts wonderfully, and makes a rich, black product. But I'm not sure if it contains any chemical residues or not. The cotton boll is usually tight, and closed until harvest time. Just prior to picking, however, the cotton is sprayed with a defoliant, which makes all the foliage fall off prior to picking. That chemical would come into direct contact with the opened cotton boll, and would surely be contained in the lint. So, it may be that you'll need to allow the gin molt to decompose in the soil over the rest of the summer and fall months and then try gardening again. By late winter or early spring the soil should be in better shape and ready for planting.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"