Care of daylilies - Knowledgebase Question

Philadelphia, Pe
Question by onyxfoxy
I have a beautiful yellow Daylily. It had many blooms when I planted it and was doing well but it has not produce any new blooms in about two weeks and there are a number of pods where the blooms used to be. Does this mean it has gone to seed? Should I remove them? How do I make it bloom again. The plant is healthy, it's supposed to have continual blooms from summer to fall. Please help.

0

Daylilies bloom throughout the summer months and as soon as yours become established in the garden they should bloom non-stop. It is important to remove the spent flowers before they set seeds. Seed production takes energy which can be redirected into flower production if you simply snap off the old flowers and cut down the flowering stalk when all the flowers are spent. After initial blooming your plant will rest for a few weeks to regain strength and then will send up new flowering stalks. Give your plant a little more time to perform and it will be beautiful.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"