Whisteria?? - Knowledgebase Question

Wildomar, Ca
Question by campwild
My whisteria has great new growth, but the leaves on about 3/4 of it are brown and wilted looking. I live in Riverside county (CA).I so water it everyday - sometimes a few times a day. Is it to much water or maybe not enought?

0

If the browning leaves are crispy, the problem is most likely sunscald. If they are soft and pliable, it indicates either a fungus or is the result of overwatering. Your wisteria should be happy with one or two deep soakings per week in the summer months. Watering daily can keep the roots close to the surface and can drive oxygen out of the soil, which can suffocate the roots. Water slowly so the water has a chance to soak in and wet the entire root mass. Wait 3-4 days and then water again. It's important to let the soil dry out slightly between waterings so the roots get enough oxygen. Good luck with your wisteria.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"