invasive grasses - Knowledgebase Question

Pensacola, Fl
Question by bigfurrypawz
I have two grasses that I cannot get rid of. One is Pensacola Bahaia grass and the other I don't know what it is. I have tried everything to get rid of it and nothing is working. The other grass has a very long root. It is white and very very thick. The grass is just a single stalk up with about 3 leaves. Help. I cannot get rid of these.

0

It would be difficult to remove either weed from your lawn without harming your lawn. I wonder if the one unidentified weed is wild garlic or wild onion? I'm afraid the best advice would be from your local cooperative extension office. They are familiar with the grassy weeds in your area and can suggest control options. Contact them: Escambia County Extension, 3740 Stefani Road, Cantonment, FL 32533-7792. Phone: (850) 475-5230.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"