Gerbera Daisy Toxicity - Knowledgebase Question

Aurora, CO
Question by winski_s
I have a Gerbera daisy in the house and my cat keeps trying to eat the leaves. Are the leaves toxic?

0

Gerbera jamesonii is the Transvaal Daisy, a member of the Asteracea family. According to a publication by the Cat Fanciers' Association, Gerbera daisies are not toxic to cats. You may want to phone or write to them for a copy of their brochure 'Houseplants and your Cat'. Reach them at: The Cat Fancier's Association, Inc. P. O. Box 1005, Manasquan NJ 08736-0805. Phone (980) 528-9797. If you're ever in a position where you need immediate information, you can phone the national Animal Poison Control Center Hotline - (900) 680-0000. There's a charge of $2.95 a minute, average call is 10 minutes long. Hope this information helps.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"