Small Apartment Patio - Knowledgebase Question

santa ana, Ca
Question by vhuynh55
I live in an apartment and we have a patio. I'm looking for a plant/flower that can be kept in a pot. Is there a shrub that can kept in a pot as well?

0

Nearly any plant will adapt to growing in a container so choose your favorite annuals and perennials. As for bushy shrubs, there are dwarf forms of Crape Myrtle, which do best in containers, although they may need occasional prunings of twiggy growth during dormant seasons, but this tree loves warm summers. Bushy forms of bougainvillea such as Temple Fire also thrive in containers in your warm climate. The most important aspect of growing plants in containers is to provide the sunshine the plants prefer. Be sure to water as frequently as required. Most of all, enjoy your container garden!