lawn weeds - Knowledgebase Question

Gardner, Ma
Question by lpbailey
I have a weed in my lawn, I've told it is creeping charlie, that I can't get rid of. It has vines that wrap around everything with leaves that are similar to clover, but larger. Any suggestions. Thanks.

0

Creeping Charlie (Glechoma hederacea) can be a real pest. Many gardeners have had good luck eradicating the plant by mixing 10 ounces 20-Mule Team Borax in 2-1/2 gallons of water and applying the mixture to their lawn. The boron doesn't affect the grass, but overwhelms the roots of creeping Charlie. Cool weather reduces its effectiveness so apply in May when the weather starts to warm. The University of Minnesota and Iowa State University have tested this recipe and report good results. Give it a try - you may have good results, too.