Fertilizer Frequency - Knowledgebase Question

Waltham, Ma
Question by johnumina
I have a typical North East lawn (fescue/rye/bluegrass). I fertilzed in early June because the lawn looked like it needed some nitrogen. We had a very rainy June and July, and now (Early August) my lawn looks like it did before the application of fertilizer in June. Is now an ok time to refertilize with a summer mix, like the Scotts Summerguard? During July I applied weed-b-gone as well.

We generally recommend feeding your lawn in April, June, September and late October. Since you fed in June, I'd suggest waiting until late August or early September to feed again. I know you want a green lawn, but the summer heat will stress it and feeding probably won't green it up to any great degree until the weather cools. Best wishes with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"