Roses do not grow - Knowledgebase Question

Downers Grove, Il
Question by sureshbhagia
There is this rose shrub in my garden. It has not given any roses for years now. I know it is a rose shrub because, when we first moved here, it gave out rose flowers. What do I do?

0

Roses need 6-8 hours of direct sunshine every day and they will benefit from frequent feeding. The easiest way to ensure they're getting all the nutrients they require is by applying a rose food in amounts and with the frequency as suggested on the plant food label. Water your roses deeply once or twice a week (if weather is hot) all through the growing season. If your rose is not getting adequate sunshine, move it when it is dormant - late winter or early spring - to a sunnier spot. It should develop lots and lots of rose flowers for you. Best wishes with your roses!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"