Opossums - Knowledgebase Question

Cypress, Ca
Question by joelleanisma
I have an opossum that is ruining my pink bower vine. Every night, it climbs up, pulling the vine off the trellis, and driving my cats crazy. I've tried scaring it away, but it keeps coming back. Is there a friendly way to get it to leave?

0

Exclusion of opossum from gardens can be accomplished with a fence built of poultry wire. The fence should be four feet high with the top 12 to 18 inches of the fence bent outward, away from the garden, and not attached to any support. Since the top of the fence is not rigid and bends under the weight of the animal, it cannot climb over it. If you cannot put up a barrier around your pink bower vine, you might try a deterrent such as moth balls spread on the soil around the plant. Moth balls generally keep raccoons and opossums at bay. Hope it works for you!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"