plant location/maybe soil condition - Knowledgebase Question

Glendale, Ar
Question by sdeahn
We bought 3 Cherri Berri PYRACANTHA and planted them next to a south facing wall. 2 get a lot of sun and during the summer all leaves turn brown, but regrow in the fall and winter. Should I reloate them to a less sunny place in the yard? They get watered 2 times a week for 45 minutes ea time.
Thanks...

0

Cherri Berri pyracantha prefers well drained soil, full sun, and tolerates hot, dry areas so I'm perplexed. Perhaps the reflected heat from the wall is just too much for them. If you have the room, you might try moving them forward of the wall by another foot or two. This might be just enough room to keep them from baking while they are young and thin. As they grow thicker and more mature, they should not be so susceptible to leaf burn.