bugs - Knowledgebase Question

cape may court house, Ne
Question by amset
Small off whitish color small beetles with black legs are killing my squash plants.I try to pick them off but every day there are hundreds more. There are small masses of reddish eggs under leaves that i cut off. Iam losing the battle! I would like to keep my garden organic if possible. What can i do?
thank you

0

Although I'm an advocate of organic gardening and handpicking insects, sometimes you have to haul out the bigger guns. These include Neem Oil ? Bioneem by Safer; Bon-Neem by Bonide or Power Force Multi-Insect Killer by Bayer - This is a contact insecticide that kills many of the pest insects found in the garden. The active ingredient is a pyrethroid type insecticide called Cyfluthrin. It may be time to control the pests with one of these plant derived pest control products.