Silver Maple w/ brown edges - Knowledgebase Question

Thornton, Co
Question by sheridanheil
My Silver (I think) maple has brown edges around the leaves and the leaves are pale green. Can you tell me what is wrong with the tree and how to fix it?

Thanks!

0

Maple Leaf Scorch is a common problem with maples. It's environmental; when drought or heat stresses the tree, not enough water reaches the leaf margins to keep up with transpiration. Or, the symptoms can be from from overfertilization and too much salt has been translocated to the leaf margins. In your gardening region the bacterium Xyella fastidiosa has been associated with these symptoms, as well. Try to avoid over fertilizing (especially if the tree is growing in the lawn). Water deeply, and try to avoid root and trunk injury.