not producing - Knowledgebase Question

kemp, Te
Question by fredacotten
my tomatoe plants are thriving,growing tall,they are full of blooms but some have never put on the first tomatoe,and the ones that have are very small.i use miracle grow for tomatoes every 8 days,please help!

0

Sometimes flowers will drop prematurely or without setting fruit due to moisture stress (make sure the soil is evenly moist), or due to overfertilization with nitrogen, or due to extreme temperatures -- such as an extended heat spell (days over 90) or extra warm nights (over 80). Tomatoes do not need insects for pollination. Instead, they are shaken by the wind. You can try giving the plant a shake for about half a minute once or twice a day to dislodge the pollen, just in case this particular plant is in a very still location. I hope this helps!