RABBITS!!!!! - Knowledgebase Question

saint louis, Mi
Question by katsuerandal
What plants/flowers rabbits do not eat?Also I do I get rid of the rabbits?

0

I don't think there's a list of plants that rabbits won't eat, but there are a number of animal repellent sprays that would help deter rabbits from eating the flowers. Try 'Get Away' or 'Deer Away'. 'Deer Away' is effective in deterring deer and rabbits and lasts 7-10 days without washing off. Natural scent repellents such as coyote and fox urine are also available from most nurseries and through mail order catalogs. Fencing can also help deter rabbits. To be most effective, a 1" chicken wire fence needs to be 2 feet high and buried at least 6 inches deep around your flowers. Consider also interplanting your flowers with garlic, onions, Mexican marigold or Dusty Miller. Bunnies tend not to like their aroma. Also, you can make your own animal repellent mixture by mixing a few teaspoons of cayenne pepper, and a dash of soap in a quart of water. Spray on the plants you want to protect. You can try to scare rabbits from your garden by burying empty pop bottles with the tops poking up a few inches above the ground. The eerie whistle that results when the wind blows can scare them away. Sprinkling blood meal, ground hot peppers or human or dog hair around plants is also sometimes effective. Hope this information helps!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"