Mist Maiden Rhododendron - Knowledgebase Question

Hicksville, Ne
Question by oohlala418
I have my plant in a big flower pot until I decide wher to put it.In the mean time it has already bloomed and I have cut it back. Now I see this whit powder on the leaves and the leaves are getting brown some have spots. Please tell me what is happening to this plant it was a mothers day gift from my son and means alot to me
Thank you

0

A white powdery substance on the surface of the leaves could be a fungal disease called powdery mildew. If your rhodie is in a very shady spot where air circulation is poor, it can develop this disease, especially if daytime temperatures are warm and nighttime temperatures are cool. There are fungicides you can use to control powdery mildew but you'll need to improve the growing conditions or the disease will return. Best wishes with your rhododendron!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"