Fencing - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Sylvia Chiang
Revere, Ma
Question by srchiang
I am the manager of a food and fitness initiative and an intergenerational garden is part of out plan. What is the cheapest way to fence and place a gate in our little plot (aprox. 500sqft)? There is fencing already on two sides- only need one side and a gate on the other. Thanks.

The least expensive way to fence is with hog wire and sturdy wooden or metal posts. A more attractive way is with pre-assembled fencing sections (you will still need to dig post holes and set posts in concrete). If you are managing a community garden you may be able to appeal to the manager of the store and get a discount on materials. I'd write a letter explaining the project and your goals and include your need for security fencing. It might be that you'll get discounted materials. Or you might try partnering with a local Master Gardener group (check U Mass extension service in your phone book) who might sponsor a fence for your project. Hope this information is helpful.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"