Types of tillers - Knowledgebase Question

Huntingdon, PA
Question by bob159
I've noticed several brands of mini-tillers on the market. Any recommendation of which one is best?

0

I know that Gardener's Supply Company (www.gardeners.com or ph# 800/863-1700) has a free fact sheet on their little tiller that includes a comparison table with two other tillers - Troy-Bilt and Mantis. Because they published the information, it makes theirs look best, of course, but you could at least see the relative horsepower rating, weight, cost, attachments, etc. for the various tillers. My loves his Mantis, though it runs at a high RPM and jumps around a lot. The Gardener's Supply Tiller runs at a bit lower RPM, and so doesn't jump. I believe Consumer Reports did a comparison several years ago (1992-94?). Perhaps you can find their report in the local library. Sorry I can't be more helpful!