Newly Planted Qween Palms - Knowledgebase Question

Phoenix, Ar
Question by jenher5
Newly planted qween palms, placed in the ground around March. We planted a total of 7 and 2 are not doing well. The new fronds are browning at the tips. Am I over watering or under watering. All the others are doing just fine. We live in Phoenix, Az

0

It is natural for the older fronds to dry up and it begins at the tips of the fronds. The fronds in question may simply be showing their age. When they are completely brown, just trim them off. If you don't think it is just natural aging, it could be due to hot dry winds and the accumulation of summer heat. Our soil is alkaline, which causes them to suffer from nutrient deficiencies. Any good palm food will resolve the nutrient problem. I give my palms small doses of Ironite every few months to counteract the soil alkalinity. If all the other palms are doing well with the amount of water you are providing, I don't think it's a watering issue. Try the Ironite to see if that doesn't bring a deeper green to the fronds. Good luck with your Queen palms.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"